Slots Glossary – A
* Action – the total amount of funds bet by a player during a casino session.
* Active Player – An individual who is still part of the game, for example a poker game player who is still part of the hand being played for. If you lose the hand then you would no longer be an active player.
* Add-on – In poker, the option to purchase extra playing chips in a tournament in order to carry on playing.
* Aggregate Limit – the total payout a casino can make on a single game.
* Aggregate Winnings – winnings total.
* All or nothing – Keno term – a ticket that will only pay if all of the numbers are drawn, no partial payout for some of the numbers. The same would be for a lottery win where the only payout is if all 6 numbers were to come up.
* Anchor Man – In Blackjack this is the person who is last on the table game.
* Ante – The initial bet that you place in order to get into a game.
* Any craps – dice wager involving one roll for 2, 3 and 12.
* Any seven – dice roll covering any 7.
* Arm – A player who is particularly gifted at throwing the dice and coming up with winning numbers.
* Audition – a dealer must pass a certain test before being hired and this is called an audition